Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 353, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 681mg, Dietary Fiber: 11g, Total Fat: 5g, Carbs: 36g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Protein: 24g
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 45 mins Total Time: 1 h 5 mins
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs, soft whole-wheat OR ground almonds
- 2 teaspoon oil, olive, extra virgin
- 2 medium sweet onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 carrot(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 pounds sausage, chicken or turkey, kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 31 ounce(s) beans, Great Northern, or cannellini – 2 15.5-ounce cans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) turkey, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, black ground, to taste
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread breadcrumbs or almonds on a baking sheet and bake until crisp and light golden, stirring occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, carrot and garlic; cook, stirring often, until just beginning to color, about 5 minutes. Add kielbasa and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, wine, beans, turkey (or chicken), thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer.
3. Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs or almonds over the top and transfer the pot to the oven. Bake until browned and bubbling, 25 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if using, and serve.