- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely diced
- One 28-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes (Try to find ones that have NO added sugar or other ingredients)
- 1 & 1/⁄2 cups chicken stock (Find one with no MSG)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or ( 1 TBSP Dried)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, and sauté until just about translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
Mix in the remaining ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Carefully pour a cup or two of the soup mixture into a blender (JUST halfway full) and puree until smooth. Transfer to a separate container, and repeat with the remaining soup mixture, working in small batches.
- Serve hot. You can garnish with fresh basil if desired.
Follow my blog at http://www.myfatherswellness.wordpress.com